Have you heard about skin dry brushing? This ancient self-care technique has taken the world by storm in recent years. More and more people turn to dry brushing looking to improve skin texture, blood circulation, and reduce cellulite. Skin dry brushing is gaining much popularity as a healthy practice as it offers countless of other benefits.
The skin is the largest and one of your most important and vital organs. It is essential to be gentle with your body and take care of your skin regularly. Dry brushing daily is one of the best ways to do that.
Make a habit of dry brushing your skin on a regular basis. Dry brushing only takes a few minutes and can be done in the morning or at night. Just 5 minutes a day can help make your skin glow and provide all kinds of additional benefits. Let’s take a look at some of these benefits:
• Dry brushing your skin promotes the growth of new skin cells.
• It exfoliates the skin, removes oil and dirt, and makes it softer.
• Dry brushing improves lymphatic drainage and promotes detoxification of the skin and other organs.
• It releases toxins and improves discharge of your body’s metabolic waste.
• Dry brushing also helps lower cellulite, a toxic substance found in fat cells.
• It helps distribute fat deposits evenly throughout the skin and improves muscle tone.
• Dry brushing stimulates nerve endings present in the skin and refreshes the nervous system.
• It increases vascular circulation as well as blood circulation to the skin.
• Dry brushing opens up clogged skin pores and increases the absorption of nutrients by the skin.
As you can see, everyone can benefit from dry brushing and should include it in their morning or evening routine. Follow these simple instructions to ensure you get the most benefits from dry brushing your skin:
• All you need is a spa brush with natural bristles and a long handle.
• Dry brush your body before bathing or showering.
• Start by brushing the bottom of your feet.
• Brush smoothly in circular or linear motions – whichever feels better to you.
• Always move upwards slowly towards the heart.
• Continue with gentle and longer strokes.
• Make sure you brush in the direction of lymphatic fluid flow.
• However, when brushing your back, move downwards from the neck.
• Gently brush softer skin around breasts and chest in a circular motion.
• Make sure you don’t brush over sun-burnt skin or inflamed skin.
• Bathe or shower after dry brushing to remove impurities and dead cells.
• Apply a good quality moisturizer or body oil all over your body.
Try to make dry brushing a habit by doing it consecutively for 1 month. The results may surprise you! Dry brushing on a regular basis will make your skin brighter, smoother, and softer than ever before.
Dry brushing is one of many daily detoxification techniques I teach my clients for improved health and wellness. Be sure to join our newsletter to continue to get awesome tips, tricks, and recipes on a regular basis.
What other benefits has dry brushing your skin provided you? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.
To your health,